Real Time: Monday, 8th July 2019.
You might think or say you have a little, but learn to optimize with whatever that’s in front of you, where ever you are, just stretch it out and make the best of it. It’s not wise to say you’re waiting until you have enough, you’ll never have enough.
On Episode 1: Crawling Back, I shared on how I started training in my lounge because I was too broke to join the gym. I knew it was time to stop making excuses and made a decision to work with what I had at that moment. I did not want to wait until I could have some money. WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE OR YOU WILL NEVER START! This is what I advocate amongst many other things for people to just get off their arse and get shit done.
I literally bumped into Brian Johnson’s video while just browsing through the ‘net. So intriguing, life-changing and definitely will help in making that 1st step that a lot of people don’t know how to tackle, ”I want this and that but where do I begin?” Well, it starts with your mind, clean it up and press the restart button, it is never too late, I am living proof of that.
Optimal Living by Brian Johnson.
1. Optimism: It all starts with your MIND, you need to get your mind right. Give your mind some attention, get through cognitive therapy, practice common sense, think!!! Be hopeful about the future, only positive thoughts are to be entertained. Basically, change your mindset.
2. Purpose: Clarify your purpose. As you get your mind right you stop complaining, you stop making excuses… You need to get to a point where you ask yourself truthfully, what do I want to do with my life, what’s my purpose? Who am I, what’s my One Thing? What am I here to do with my life? This requires the following principle, self-awareness.
3. Self-awareness: Consciousness, know thyself. Make a priority to spend time with yourself and have honest conversations with thyself.
4. Goals: Goals are set and planned way easier and with ease once you know thyself, when you know what you want and when you know who you are. Set goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. Write your goals down, yes write them down! Assess them time and again if not all the time, check progress. Goals should inspire you & get you out of bed every morning with enthusiasm.
5. Action: Get started. You gotta get stuff done, if you’re not getting stuff done what difference does it make, who are you fooling? But because you’re now optimistic and are aware, you’ll be fully encouraged to begin the journey.
6. Energy: Energy, my favourite… This includes 3 essentials: exercise, nutrition and rest. Get your energy dialled in
7. Wisdom: Every moment gives us an opportunity to grow. We need to move from theory to practice. We need to move from wishing to getting stuff!
8. Courage: Practice everyday ordinary courage to do the little things with the best of our ability to show up for everything. Be daring, be brave, cultivate your strength.
9. Love: Self-compassion, love starts with ourselves in order to extend to others. That leads to kindness to ourselves, presence with ourselves and with others. Know and love thyself. This will make it easier to wake up and do what needs to be done on a daily.
10. En Theos: God within. We all want and need to connect with what a lot of people call it by different names, the higher power. (I personally believe in God and Jesus Christ, this is a priority, no discussions, spiritual connection, you cannot survive without it).